Wednesday 7 February 2018

ABC Christmas Challenge - C & D are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Wilma is the host, and the themes are:

'C is for Clean & Simple'
and
'D is for Distress'

Our sponsor this month is Lawn Fawn
Lawn Fawn
Prize - $25 Gift Certificate for Lawn Fawn!

On my 'C is for clean & simple' card, I used a Hero Arts stamp called 'Snowy Winter Nights' heat embossing it using 'Silent Night' embossing glitter by WOW. I simply combined it with a sentiment from a set by Lili of the Valley.



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:



On my 'D is for Distress' card, I started by smooshing Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean & Stormy Sky) on to some watercolour paper. I then stamped and heat embossed some snowflakes (from the 'Delicate Snowflakes' set by Stampendous) using white embossing powder. I distressed the edges a little, and matted it on to some teal card. I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment (from a set by Lili of the Valley) on to a piece of vellum, tearing the edges and added it over the top.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Helen. Thank you so much for joining our challenge and good luck. Greetings from veerle DT-ATSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Helen, I love the night scene in the first one and your distressed card is fabulous! Love the inky design 😍

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful Helen.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really beautiful cards here! Fabulous designs and stamping. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Helen as always! LOVE hte Blue snowflake one but that's because I LOVE blue :)
    hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in The Crafty Cardmakers Challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 371 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are great!. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles Challenge Blog anything goes. Good luck with your entry and I hope to see you next week with another beautiful project. Norma - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous cards both! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous pair of cards Helen. I particularly love the monochrome card!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love snowflakes and distressing! You have a beautiful wintry look on your first card too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful winter creation and a wonderful design!!! Love this !!!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit and follow my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh such beautiful cards Helen, gorgeous designs... Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x